I believe schools should be advancing human productivity beyond their walls, as part of the their programs, not as something to come later only. Students should be learning to have impact on the world while having impact on the world.
Whether you are looking to build a school from the ground up or to transition an established program, I can help. My twenty years of experience in curating real learning experiences and helping organizations shift their cultures and practices to support them can be a resource for you.
Here is an example of a standalone program I built (having completed its fifth year in summer, 2017) (more on Media and Mentions page).
I have worked with schools of all levels in the areas of:
- Entrepreneurial learning
- Community integration
- Learning by doing
- Information and communication literacy
- Critical skills development
- Innovative and experiential learning
- Social enterprise and service as program extension
Presentations and Workshops:
- Creating Entrepreneurial Learners
- Educating Through Sustainability
- Making Technology Fit
- Community Integrated Learning
- Strengths-based Professional Development
- Facilitate conversations to refine vision
- Design and implement organization-wide training for sustainable implementation
- Support leadership in making the case for necessary changes, and in roadmaps for implementation
The Important Questions:
- Why should the primary goal in education be to develop entrepreneurial learners, and what does that look like?
- How do you successfully make the case for this focus to your constituents?
- What is educating for sustainability, and what does it look like?
- What should be the role of technology in learning, and what is the best way for teachers and organizations to approach the relationship between the two?
- How do you develop technology mindsets and competencies within faculty and student populations?
- How do you train faculty to be able to excel in developing and facilitating learning experiences that support building entrepreneurial learners?
- How can you design and support internal strength-based professional development programs to gradually build capacity in this area?
- What is the role of leadership in managing and modeling an entrepreneurial learning environment?
- Where is the balance between prescription and support in building an entrepreneurial learning environment?
To inquire about workshops or talks, please contact me at:
For a glimpse at previous projects and talks, see my LinkedIn profile: